I got my inspiration for this dish after having the delicious ‘Green Breakfast’ at Jack’s Wife Freda in New York. By no means is this a replica of their fantastic dish, but it is a ‘green’ alternative to the tomatoey, Middle-Eastern meal.
What will you need?
-Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
-Herbs: bunch of dill, parsley, mint, coriander
-2 cloves of garlic
-Salt and pepper
What do I do?
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan on moderate heat.
- Add leeks to soften, followed by the spinach (a small bunch of leaves at a time).
- Keep adding the spinach slowly, until all has been softened and wilted, followed by some fresh herbs.
- Quickly remove the pan from the heat. Add the crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once seasoned to your liking, heat up the spinach (etc.) again on a low heat, and create two little wells with a spoon. Add some cracked pepper to these wells and crack two eggs into each well. Cover the pan.
- Leave until eggs are cooked but the yolk is still runny. Serve with yoghurt, sprinkled with paprika!