Simple, quick and tasty! If you wanted a non-vegetarian option: add some chopped pieces of bacon!
- Red kidney beans (1 can of 400g)
- 4 eggs at room temperature (optional)
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh grated ginger
- 3 onions
- 3 carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Oil (I use olive)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- In a pan, cook the chopped onions and crushed garlic with a glug of oil.
- Add a sprinkle of turmeric and a sprinkle of paprika, and some chilli flakes if you wish.
- Add your grated ginger and stir for thirty seconds.
- Add your chopped tomatoes, half a cup of water, kidney beans, and carrots.
- Cover and let it simmer in order to reduce.
- Optional: add eggs! In a pan, simmer your stew and crack eggs on top of the tomatoes. Cover the pan and let the eggs cook for three minutes so that the yolk remains runny, and then serve!