Not the legitimate way of making dahl, but here is an easy and quick alternative!
What you need:
- Cup of red/orange lentils
- Vegetable stock
- Ginger (optional)
- Carrots (optional)
- Curry powder
- Chilli powder/flakes
- In pan, lightly fry chopped up onions and garlic. Add a few shakes of cumin.
- Add half a teaspoon of grated/chopped fresh ginger.
- Add a cup and a half to two cups of boiling water combined with vegetable stock. More water means meal may be more soupy, less water creates more of a thick curry.
- Add chopped carrots.
- Add lentils.
- Sprinkle in a teaspoon and a half of curry powder and chilli.
- Leave to simmer and remember to stir regularly so that the lentils don’t burn!
- Serve with brown rice/vegetables.