What you need:
-Minced lamb (or beef if you prefer cottage pie)
-2 gloves of garlic
For the top:
-4 or 5 large potatoes
-2 carrots (optional)
-Salt & Pepper
- Peel potatoes (and carrot if desired). In a pot of boiling water, boil cut up potatoes and carrots. Once soft enough, drain and mash. Add dash of milk or butter if desired. Add salt and pepper.
- In pan, gently fry chopped onion and garlic in olive oil. Then, add diced carrot and frozen peas.
- Add lamb mince and gently cook through. Squeeze in tomato puree, dried basil, salt and pepper. Mix and simmer.
- In a cooking dish, line the bottom with the meat mixture. Cover with mashed potato/carrot.
- Cook in the oven for approx. 25 minutes until the top of the potato is crispy.